Here are the highlights of the Last month:
Brian and I went to the movies to watch "Marley & Me" We Loved it! I laughed So Hard and Cried So Hard. Too many similarities to our lives.
I went with a few friends to watch "Bride Wars". It was hilarious!
I have started seeing a new Doctor, Dr Jones. For the first time in a very long time, We feel hopeful. Brian and I have learned so many things in the last few months and are truly grateful that Dr. Jones has been willing to spend so much time and effort in helping us. One thing for sure, I am an absolute disaster.
Finished up the City Season of Boys Basketball. Both Boys did well and really enjoy playing basketball. Christian's Basketball Coach (Dave Spillett) created a pick-up team to play in some tournaments. Christian played a Tournament in Idaho Falls March 13th - 15th, in Shelley March 19th- 21st, in Marsh Valley March 27th - 28th, and this weekend will play in American Falls. It has been fun to watch Christian and his team. They are pretty good ball players. Team name is Chubbuck Raiders and they win some and lose some at each tournament. We are grateful that Christian is able to be involved with such a great group of boys.
Connor and Christian both had Straight A's on their Last report Cards. (and actually, they have both had straight A's this whole year). We are very proud! Christian was inducted into the Franklin Middle School National Honor's Society on March 18th.
Brian has been playing in some Golf Tournaments. No wins so far this year. He thinks he has not been able to play enough golf (I would disagree :)
March 23rd Brian and I celebrated our 7th Wedding Anniversary. Brian surprised me and took me to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays and booked us a suite at the Black Swan Inn - The Romeo and Juliette room. He even had a movie rented and made arrangements for the boys that night. Amazing!

Work has been insane. Not sure banking is the Happiest place to be right now ... Here is my office and where I spend the majority of my life :)

The Last thing that has kept us running is:
In May of last year, Christian, Connor, and I decided to take-over the Cleaning of the Masonry Center Office (this is where Brian works). Once a week, we clean this building and the majority of the money we earn is put in a Savings account for the Boys Mission's. Most of the time it is fun and we work together really well --- sometimes it is a disaster and I wonder why in the world we decided to do this :) We have a system and it works good, Connor is in charge is changing all the garbage and taking garbage out to the dumpster (there are 16 garbages) and he has to wipe down the showroom doors. Christian is in charge of scrubbing toilets (2 bathrooms) and vacuuming. I scrub the sinks and shine mirror and counters and I Mop all the floors. When we started it took us about an 1 hr and 15min to finish, we can now do it in about 30 minutes. Very Impressive!
What's next for the Atkinson's. BASEBALL! It starts in 1 week. Brian is the Head Comissioner this year and Connor will be playing in the Bronco league and Christian will be in Pony League. We are excited and sure hope the weather starts cooperating :)



wow!! you guys are so busy...it is so fun to hear the updates! congrats on 7 years and congrats to brian for setting things up! i love it when husbands do that stuff!!!
ReplyDeleteI am SO glad that you decided that post something. Right now, just make a goal to post once a month! Soon, I'm sure that you'll be able to post more than that and that it won't be a pain! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you are still alive. :) That is impressive about straight A's for both boys! It is funny that your life seems to revolve around sports. I guess that's what you get with boys. :) How did you like Duplicity? That was fun to see you since we never see anyone now that we live out in the middle of nowhere. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys have been busy...does it ever stop???? I don't think so. Good luck with a new Dr...that is exciting!
ReplyDeleteBack to my boring life >)
Hi guys. Maybe we can at least keep up on each other this way. Miss you guys. Good luck with everything.
ReplyDeleteBusy, busy. I think as the kids get older life gets busier. Working full time and running kids places when they are in sports is hard. It sounds like everyone is doing great. Yeah on the 7 years and double points for Brian planning the anniversary. Rich and I will have 20 years in July and if I don't plan it doesn't happen.
ReplyDeleteI found your blog on the Spillett's. Hope you don't mind me stopping by once in awhile. I have always thought you have amazing boys and do such a wonderful job with them. I am glad you have a new Dr. and I hope things go great for you.
ReplyDeletehey--we'd love to give you some ideas for landscaping! rob is so good at that! i don't know when we will next be in town but hopefully we can try to get to your house and have rob check things out for ya!!
ReplyDelete